Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Where Have the Years Gone?

  Sean is a senior in high school this year. As I let him drive me to his school on the first day of classes, I looked over at my almost an adult son and wondered where is the little boy that was so afraid of tornadoes that every time there were thunderstorms he hid, and where did the skinny little unicycle rider go, the one that almost gave me a heart attack when he would fall off that thing that was almost as tall as he was. Where did my little baby go, the one whose first word was not Mama or Dada, but "Taz" because my husband surrounded him with every baby Taz thing he could find. Where did the time go and why do I feel like somehow it has left me behind? Now he is waiting for his letter jacket with the varsity theater and orchestra letters and the patch made just for his magnet school that makes him one of the elite. I am so proud of him, yet I still want to know where my little boy went and when did this almost man get here? Of course, there is a little child left, with the squid hat and the Bowzer hat he got last week. Soon though, he will go too, and he will be grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment